Friends of The Center was established in 2003 to provide philanthropic support to the Iowa City/Johnson County Senior Center, which serves adults ages 50+ throughout our community.
Friends of The Center plays an important role in supporting healthy lifestyles for seniors. As an IRC Section 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization — and with your generous support — Friends helps fill the growing gap between The Center’s annual budget and funding provided by the City of Iowa City. We accomplish this through private gifts from generous folks like you.
Friends of The Center (FOTC) board members, staff, and volunteers are guided by FOTC’s Code of Ethical Standards, which is grounded in a set of values that guide the work of individuals involved in fundraising. Adherence to these values results in integrity in personal, professional, organizational, and public lives.
Values Promoted by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethics
- Observe and adhere to the FOTC Code of Ethics and all relevant laws and regulations;
- Build personal confidence and public support by being trustworthy in all circumstances;
- Practice honesty in relationships;
- Be accountable for professional, organizational, and public behavior;
- Be transparent and forthcoming in all dealings; and,
- Serve the public trust.